I am being bullied at work. What can I do?

Bullying behaviour is not in itself a matter that you can take to an employment tribunal. To do this the bullying would need to be of discriminatory nature, such as on the grounds of race, sex, disability, religion or sexual orientation.
If you feel bullied at work there are a number of practical things that you are advised to do:

  • Tell the person firmly, but not aggressively, that they should stop the behaviour because it makes you feel uncomfortable. If you cannot face the person(s) yourself, speak to someone in HR and ask them to intercede on your behalf.
  • If things do not improve you should raise a formal complaint, in writing and with specific details.
  • Keep a full diary of incidents – detailing dates, times, what occurred, and names of any witnesses. Keep copies of any relevant documentation.

Please see our Employment section.

Posted in: Employment

Facebook Posts

Get In Touch

Contact our expert team of friendly Northwich lawyers

FREE advice

Refer A Friend

Know someone who is looking for a good injury lawyer? Get more than just a thank you for recommending us to your family or friends.

See Details

Latest News

Keep up to date with all the latest news and events from our friendly team.

Read More

Rate Stonehewermoss Solicitors

Stonehewer Moss Family Solicitors, Citadel House, Solvay Road, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 4DP

Family and Corporate Solicitors Northwich covering Chester, Crewe, Knutsford, Macclesfield, Middlewich, Northwich, Runcorn, Sandbach, Warrington, Winsford, and across Cheshire.

Stonehewer Moss Solicitors is a trading style of the Stonehewer Moss Limited, Registered in England No. 542 6583
which is a firm of solicitors authorised and regulated by the the Solicitors Regulation Authority No. 471159