Start your claim

Start Your Housing Disrepair Injury Claim

If you live in a rental property and your landlord has failed to maintain your home in a reasonable state of repair,causing you illness or to have had an accident, you may be able to claim compensation.

Call: 01606 87 22 00 Start Your Housing Disrepair Injury Claim

Contact our claims experts

Arrange a free initial case review

Stonehewer Moss Solicitors

Why choose us?

Personal Injury Specialists

We are specialists in personal injury law with a proven track record in securing compensation.

No Win, No Fee

We offer a no-win no-fee claims service to ease the financial pressure on you.

Free Initial Consultation

You can arrange a free no-obligation case review to help you decide if we’re the injury lawyers for you.

Accredited Firm

We are accredited by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL), demonstrating our experience specialist expertise in personal injury law.

Personal Service

We will support you throughout the claims process, providing a personal, friendly and compassionate service, with local home and hospital visits if required.

Housing Disrepair Injury Claims

Housing Disrepair Injury Claims. If you live in a rental property and your landlord has failed to maintain your home in a reasonable state of repair, you may be able to claim compensation and get the repairs done.

If you are a tenant living in a rental property, your landlord is obliged to maintain the structure and exterior of the property to a reasonable standard of repair by law. This falls under Section 11 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 2015.

What can I make a claim for?

  • The structure and exterior of the premises (such as walls, floors, roofs, window frames, pipework, paths and steps).
  • Water pipes and items such as baths, sinks, drainage pipes and toilets.
  • Gas pipes and electrical wiring and sockets.
  • Fitted heaters, gas fires and water heaters.
  • Rat or any vermin or bug infestation.
  • Damp walls, rising damp, poor or blocked ventilation.
  • Personal Injury 

Also, if you or your family have suffered ill health or your belongings have been damaged because of your landlord’s failure to maintain your home, you may be entitled to compensation under Section 4 of The Defective Premises Act 2017 and/or Section 11 of The Landlord and Tenant Act 2015.

You may be entitled to claim compensation for:

  • Being unable to use certain areas of your home due to damp conditions.
  • Damage to your own property or belongings e.g. furniture or clothes becoming mouldy.
  • Ill health to you or your children resulting from damp such as asthma, colds, viruses and chest infections. In fact, anyone affected living at your house can claim for this.
  • Financial losses caused by having to take time off work or ill health absence from work.
  • Rent rebates to compensate you for paying for a reasonable standard of home that was not provided.
  • Personal Injury 

No win, no fee claims service

We are able to offer no win, no fee agreements in some cases (subject to our own case assessment). Please note that we are only able to help you if you or a household family member have suffered an accident, injury or illness as a result of the housing problems. 

You receive a free initial case review and are under no obligation to instruct us should you wish to proceed with a claim.

Latest News & Advice

Your Free 30 Minute Consultation: Supporting Our Personal Injury Clients

Dealing with personal injury claims can be confusing and daunting, but at Stonehewer Moss, we’re here to make it clearer...

read more

Action for Brain Injury Week 2024: Traumatic Brain Injuries explained

Action for Brain Injury Week (ABI Week) took place in May, an annual event initiated by Headway back in 2010...

read more

Cruise ship injury claims: accidents and illnesses at sea

When envisioning cruise ship holidays, thoughts often drift to idyllic days spent lounging by the pool, basking in the sunshine,...

read more
View More News & Advice
Contact us today

Contact us today

Fill in the form below and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible.

Left Panel

How would you like us to contact you?

Right Panel

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Your personal details are not shared or sold.

Contact our claims experts

Arrange a free initial case review

Freephone 0800 434 6544 or 01606 87 22 00


Stonehewer Moss Solicitors, 4 The Bull Ring, Northwich, Cheshire, UK, CW9 5BS

Stonehewer Moss Solicitors is a trading style of the Stonehewer Moss Limited, Registered in England No. 542 6583
I'm fine with this

This website uses Cookies to improve your browsing experience and to help with our marketing. You can read more about removing Cookies here: Cookie Policy

Email Us

Simply complete our form below and we'll get in touch very soon to answer your enquiry.

Please select a valid form.