News Article

Financial help for disabled child how to obtain

Financial help for disabled child how to obtain help to meet the care needs of a dependant child suffering from a disability is founded on a presumption of knowledge by the person with care. In other words, you do not get help unless you know it exists and successfully apply for it on behalf of the child. Disabled children continue to be entitled to a range of state benefits including Disability Living Allowance and carers allowance. A person responsible for the care of a disabled child can find out more from money facts website funded by the government but remember Financial help for disabled child how to obtain it presupposes you know about it; it will not be offered to you without making an application. Please visit  to discover details of the state benefits available.

Specialist family law solicitors in Cheshire Stonehewer Moss also advise parents or carers of a disabled child to consider whether financial help from the other parent is available. In particular, the Children Act is available to seek financial orders for adult disabled children who remain dependant. Solicitor Michael Brennan remarks,”Often an unmarried parent will assume that because they have no claim against their ex for financial help after separation because the divorce law does not apply, that nothing can be done for the children. In addition to child support, the Children Act has an under used jurisdiction to resolve financial disputes that considers a range of factors in a similar fashion to the Court on divorce. In simple terms, if there is the ability to pay and a need to be met, a range of financial orders for children are available. Disability creates needs and the Court can make income orders as well as capital orders for disabled children. The procedure even echoes divorce now.”  is worth a look about Financial help for disabled child how to obtain it and Stonehewer Moss offer a no obligation first appointment.

For advice negotiation or representation in a family law dispute please call 01606 872200 e mail visit



Watch our videos

For more information about how we can help you with your claim, call us on 01606 87 22 00, or email us at

The Personal Injury Team

Our team are dedicated to achiving the best possible outcome for our clients. Read more here

Dominic Moss

Senior Partner

Dominic Moss Personal Injury Solicitor 87 22 00

Sarah Allison

Partner 87 22 00

Thomas Owen


Tom Owen Personal Injury Lawyer 87 22 00

Julie Capper

Office Administrator 87 22 00

What our clients say about us

Rate Stonehewermoss Solicitors

Stonehewer Moss Solicitors, Citadel House, Solvay Road, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 4DP

Solicitors in Northwich covering Chester, Crewe, Knutsford, Macclesfield, Middlewich, Northwich, Runcorn, Sandbach, Warrington, Winsford, and across Cheshire.

Stonehewer Moss Solicitors is a trading style of the Stonehewer Moss Limited, Registered in England No. 542 6583 and PIPLaw
which is a firm of solicitors authorised and regulated by the the Solicitors Regulation Authority No. 471159

Contact Us

Contact Us

To get in touch simply fill out the short form below and we will reply very shortly, and definitely within 24 hours. The online enquiry form is completely safe and secure, and your details will not be available to anyone other than Stonehewer Moss Solicitors.

Contact Form

Get in touch today!

Complete the form below and we'll get back to you as soon as possible to help you with your enquiry. Your personal details are never shared or sold.

Alternatively, call us on 01606 87 22 00, or email us at

This website uses Cookies to improve your browsing experience and to help with our marketing. You can read more about removing Cookies here.

I'm fine with this