Advice as you go through divorce in Cheshire
Advice as you go through divorce in Cheshire is becoming accessible for many people at this worst of times according to Family law solicitors Stonehewer Moss and the option of representing yourself with the support of specialist legal advice when you want it but without the worry of a blank cheque to your solicitor is now available. Advice as you go through divorce in Cheshire is explained further by accredited solicitor Michael Brennan as follows:-
1. Divorce is a relatively simple legal process at a very bad time for you. While you can agree a fee for your solicitor to handle it all under a retainer with him or her, it might be too costly or more than you are prepared to pay.
2. Pay as you go is called unbundled services by solicitors, who are regulated by the SRA under a code of conduct that usually requires a professional service under a retainer until it is terminated by agreement. If unbundled, the terms and conditions are for a limited input by the solicitor to act as your expert guide, offering advice and judgment gained by legal experience that your own research cannot match.
3. The service offered is for advice you pay for as you go. Bring a notepad or laptop and agree the advice given with the solicitor. Some may prefer to agree to record he meeting on a smartphone.
4. Schedule a next meeting for a vital step to be discussed such as completion of a document for the court, drafting an offer to settle or putting together your disclosure documents.
5. You have to be disciplined and treat yourself as your own client, because your solicitor cannot answer lots of questions outside of the paid meeting if you opt for unbundled pay as you go services instead of full representation under a retainer. It is not for everyone but I have 25 years plus experience and can discuss the range of options at an initial meeting without obligation to you.
Advice as you go through divorce in Cheshire could be all that you need to know where you stand as you adjust to separation.
For advice on a pay as you go basis in divorce or other family law issues please call 01606 872200 or e mail email@example.com visit www.stonehewermoss.co.uk
Tags: pay as you go divorce