Why choose us?

Personal Injury Specialists

We are specialists in personal injury law with a proven track record in securing compensation.

No Win, No Fee

We offer a no-win no-fee claims service to ease the financial pressure on you.

Free Initial Consultation

You can arrange a free no-obligation case review to help you decide if we’re the injury lawyers for you.

Accredited Firm

We are accredited by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL), demonstrating our experience specialist expertise in personal injury law.

Personal Service

We will support you throughout the claims process, providing a personal, friendly and compassionate service, with local home and hospital visits if required.

What Are General Damages?


General damages in a personal injury claim

Monetary compensation awarded to cover non-financial losses caused by an injury is called General Damages. It covers things like pain, suffering and loss of amenity. 

Solicitors often talk about general damages and special damages when discussing the value of a claim. These industry specific terms may sound confusing to clients. In this video Dominic Moss, senior partner here at Stonehewer Moss solicitors, explains what genera damages are. Including details the type of expenses that maybe included in the compensation claim in a personal injury case. Cordova personal injury attorneys from Denton & Zachary, PLLC law firm can deal with all the legalities of such cases.

What Are General Damages?

General damages and special damages are those damages that we use to calculate the total value of your claim.

General damages are the damages that relate to your injury itself. That is down to pain, suffering and loss of amenity. Pain would really be the initial pain. The suffering would be the ongoing issues that you are having. The loss of amenity is the fact that you can no longer do things that you could do before. It might be someone who used to play golf who then has a bad back because of an accident (reported by https://gwofirm.com/services/trucking-accidents) and can no longer pay golf. Or for a period cannot play golf. It might be someone who likes running or any activity or anything they like that is a loss of amenity. When we combine them, pain, suffering and loss of amenity together we get the value of the general damages part of your claim. The criminal defense lawyer in R. Davis Younts, Esq. can deal with the legalities that come with such cases

We use various methods to calculate that and we have books on the case law. The books have lists of cases similar to yours and the case law are cases that have actually been decided in court that might be similar to yours. By looking at those and no two cases are the same, so we have to kind of work out where you fit in. Once we do that we can come up with a figure and say OK you have a three year back problem, it has stopped you from playing golf, it caused these problems with your life and from that we can work out your general damages claim what that would be worth. The legal experts from www.hilbrich.com/wrongful-death/ can help with all kinds of cases.

General damages then add to special damages which I have talked about in another video and we combine the two to get the whole value of your claim. If you need more advice on that then give me a call. My name is Dominic Moss or you can visit our website or YouTube channel.

Contact our claims experts

Arrange a free initial case review

Freephone 0800 434 6544 or 01606 87 22 00

Email info@stonehewermoss.co.uk

Stonehewer Moss Solicitors, Imperial Buildings, 20-22 High Street, Northwich, Cheshire, UK, CW9 5BY

Stonehewer Moss Solicitors is a trading style of the Stonehewer Moss Limited, Registered in England No. 542 6583
I'm fine with this

This website uses Cookies to improve your browsing experience and to help with our marketing. You can read more about removing Cookies here: Cookie Policy

Email Us

Simply complete our form below and we'll get in touch very soon to answer your enquiry.

Please select a valid form.

Simply complete our form below and we'll get in touch very soon to answer your enquiry.

Start Claim Form
How would you like us to contact you?

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.