News Article

How to stop interference in contact arrangements with a child

How to stop interference in contact arrangements with a child can cover a few situations parents may confront according to Cheshire family solicitors Stonehewer Moss.  How to stop interference in contact arrangements with a child could be due to a grand parent causing trouble at handover or a current partner being aggressive. There are essentially three ways to tackle the issue by court order:-

1. Obtain an order that your child lives with you and make specific arrangements for handover excluding the troublesome persons;

2. Seek a prohibited steps order against the third party. This might order them to stay away from the school at certain times, for example but cannot be the same effect as a contact order.

3. Seek a provision in an arrangements order for you to see your child that the other person should not be present at contact handover or that person should not have contact. The case authority preventing such an order having the  same effect as a contact order mentioned at 2 above encourages use of s11 (7)(d) of the Children Act to make  such consequential provisions as the courts thinks fit.

When the court considers any child order the welfare of the child is paramount and witnessing conflict must be a risk of harm to the child. How to stop interference in contact arrangements with a child is a sad problem that some child focused discussion between parents out of court should resolve. Court orders should be sought sparingly so that the dispute between parents does not deepen to the detriment of the relationship of the child with both parents but seeking orders when your child is not seeing you due to third party interference may become your only option. Sometimes the other parent is so far under the control of the third party that you should explore neutral options to resolve the problem in or out of court, such as mediation.

For advice negotiation and representation in child arrangements cases please call 01606872200 e mail or visit


Facebook Posts

This message is only visible to admins.

Problem displaying Facebook posts.
Click to show error

Error: Error validating access token: Session has expired on Saturday, 09-Mar-19 13:12:58 PST. The current time is Wednesday, 11-Dec-19 16:09:34 PST.
Type: OAuthException
Subcode: 463
Solution: See here for how to solve this error

Get In Touch

Contact our expert team of friendly Northwich lawyers

FREE advice

Refer A Friend

Know someone who is looking for a good injury lawyer? Get more than just a thank you for recommending us to your family or friends.

See Details

Latest News

Keep up to date with all the latest news and events from our friendly team.

Read More

Rate Stonehewermoss Solicitors

Stonehewer Moss Solicitors, Citadel House, Solvay Road, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 4DP

Solicitors in Northwich covering Chester, Crewe, Knutsford, Macclesfield, Middlewich, Northwich, Runcorn, Sandbach, Warrington, Winsford, and across Cheshire.

Stonehewer Moss Solicitors is a trading style of the Stonehewer Moss Limited, Registered in England No. 542 6583 and PIPLaw
which is a firm of solicitors authorised and regulated by the the Solicitors Regulation Authority No. 471159

Contact Us

Contact Us

To get in touch simply fill out the short form below and we will reply very shortly, and definitely within 24 hours. The online enquiry form is completely safe and secure, and your details will not be available to anyone other than Stonehewer Moss Solicitors.

Contact Form

This website uses Cookies to improve your browsing experience and to help with our marketing. You can read more about removing Cookies here.

I'm fine with this