Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence CompensationIf you have experienced domestic violence then your immediate concerns are probably for your safety and for the safety of your children or anyone else who is also suffering from domestic violence in your home. If you have reached the stage where you are no longer living with the perpetrator of the domestic violence you should be able to make a claim for domestic violence compensation.

At Stonehewer Moss Solicitors our domestic violence legal team can explain the process of claiming compensation for domestic violence.

Can I claim Domestic Violence Compensation?

Domestic violence compensation claims can be made to the criminal injuries compensation authority (CICA). To qualify for domestic violence compensation after abuse from a relative or partner, there are a number of points that must apply. For example, if you are over 16 you must no longer be living with your abuser and there must be no chance that your abuser could benefit from any compensation you receive. You must also have reported the domestic violence to the police and have co-operated fully with any investigation and any criminal proceedings that were brought.

If your former relative or partner has assets you may be able to obtain settlement from them on a ‘no win no fee basis’.

How do I start my Domestic Violence Compensation Claim?

Call us and speak to one of our experts. There will be no charge and we can advise you on whether you can make a domestic violence compensation claim. We can usually work on a ‘no win no fee’ basis so there are no up-front or hidden charges. We will make every effort to settle your claim quickly. The process may seem complex but we will undertake all the hard work and keep you informed on the process. We will efficiently collect evidence and professionally present your case to CICA to ensure you receive the best outcome. Many compensation claims are thrown out by CICA every year, we will endeavour to make sure yours is not among them.

About the Criminal Injury Compensation Authority

The Criminal Injury Compensation Authority is a government organisation that can pay money (an award) to people who have been physically or mentally injured because they were the blameless victim of a violent crime such as domestic violence. The offender does not necessarily have to have been convicted of, or even charged with the crime for you to make a claim. However your claim could be affected by your behaviour, your criminal record or your failure to co-operate with the police.

Watch our videos

For more information about how we can help you with your claim, call us on 01606 87 22 00, or email us at

The Personal Injury Team

Our team are dedicated to achiving the best possible outcome for our clients. Read more here

Dominic Moss

Senior Partner

Dominic Moss Personal Injury Solicitor 87 22 00

Sarah Allison

Partner 87 22 00

Thomas Owen


Tom Owen Personal Injury Lawyer 87 22 00

Julie Capper

Office Administrator 87 22 00

What our clients say about us

Rate Stonehewermoss Solicitors

Stonehewer Moss Solicitors, Citadel House, Solvay Road, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 4DP

Solicitors in Northwich covering Chester, Crewe, Knutsford, Macclesfield, Middlewich, Northwich, Runcorn, Sandbach, Warrington, Winsford, and across Cheshire.

Stonehewer Moss Solicitors is a trading style of the Stonehewer Moss Limited, Registered in England No. 542 6583 and PIPLaw
which is a firm of solicitors authorised and regulated by the the Solicitors Regulation Authority No. 471159

Contact Us

Contact Us

To get in touch simply fill out the short form below and we will reply very shortly, and definitely within 24 hours. The online enquiry form is completely safe and secure, and your details will not be available to anyone other than Stonehewer Moss Solicitors.

Contact Form

Get in touch today!

Complete the form below and we'll get back to you as soon as possible to help you with your enquiry. Your personal details are never shared or sold.

Alternatively, call us on 01606 87 22 00, or email us at

This website uses Cookies to improve your browsing experience and to help with our marketing. You can read more about removing Cookies here.

I'm fine with this