What is Commercial Litigation?
Commercial Litigation aims to resolve business disputes fairly, and efficiently. Commercial disputes are an unavoidable part of commercial life. Seeking the right professional help early on can dramatically reduce the adverse affects to your business.
As commercial litigation lawyers Stonehewer Moss Solicitors understand that delivering the right result requires sound commercial understanding and leverage created by a strategic approach.
We can advise and help with:
- Shareholders remedies and securities litigation (investigation and enforcement) involving diverse business organizations and all forms of securities, including sophisticated equity derivatives/investment contracts;
- Commercial real estate disputes concerning leases, taxation, finance and development;
- Commercial relationship disputes, including joint venture agreements, general and limited partnership disputes, franchise and distribution agreements;
- Environmental litigation for property owners, investors, and others in disputes concerning contaminated property and spills;
- Banking and financial institutions litigation; and
- Bankruptcy, insolvency and winding-up matters.
Through tactical use of the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR) and involvement of high quality, specialist barristers from early on in the process, Stonehewer Moss Solicitors are able to deliver excellent value for money results to our clients.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
As members of The Law Society’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Group, Stonehewer Moss Solicitors are comitted to making every effort to settle the issues between the parties without the need for Court action.
Often just referred to as ADR it uses four methodologies to resolve disputes outside of official judicial mechanisms – negotiation, mediation, collaborative law and arbitration. The benefits of this approach for clients are reduced legal costs by seeking to settle at an earlier opportunity.