Accident In A Public Place

Claiming Compensation for a Public Place Accident

As a specialist personal injury solicitors Stonehewer Moss have experience in compensation claims for injuries that occur as a result of an accident in public place. These can include:

  • Accident in a Public PlaceTrips in the street
  • Slipping on the pavement
  • Accidents in shops
  • Falls at work

The owner of any premises open to the public has a legal duty to ensure that you are safe from slips, trips and falls etc. when walking in their property. If they have neglected their duty and their negligence has caused you to injure yourself then you may be able to claim compensation. Examples of such accidents include falls caused by uneven paving slabs, trailing cables at work or a spillage on the floor in a shop that has not been cleaned up promptly.

The owners of any public place should have insurance to cover any personal injury compensation claims resulting from accidents on their premises. The local council will be insured for any claims resulting from accidents on the street or in the road caused by their negligence such as bad maintenance. You can claim compensation for your pain and suffering together with any financial losses such as loss of income or costs involved in medical treatment resulting from your injury.

What to do if you have an Accident in a Public Place

As with any personal injury compensation claim you need to prove that the injury was due to someone else’s negligence and not your fault. If your accident was in the street you need to measure the defect, try to photograph it with a ruler or coin to clearly show the size. As a general guide a defect in the pavement should be an inch (2.5cm) or more in height for the council to take responsibility.

If your fall was in a public place, such as a shop, be sure that you report your accident and that it is recorded in the company’s accident book. This will help to prove that the accident happened on their premises. If anyone is a witness to your accident or helps you afterwards then try to get their names and addresses as they may be able to help you with your claim.

Call us and speak to one of our experts. There will be no charge and we can advise you on whether you can make a personal injury Claim. We can usually work on a ‘no win no fee’ basis so there are no up-front or hidden charges. We will make every effort to settle your claim quickly. The process may seem complex but we will undertake all the hard work and keep you informed on the progress of your claim.

You can read more about injury compensation from slips trips and falls or take a look at a case study about an accidental injury in a shop.

Contact Form

Facebook Posts

This message is only visible to admins.

Problem displaying Facebook posts.
Click to show error

Error: Error validating access token: Session has expired on Saturday, 09-Mar-19 13:12:58 PST. The current time is Tuesday, 21-Jan-20 12:12:13 PST.
Type: OAuthException
Subcode: 463
Solution: See here for how to solve this error

Get In Touch

Contact our expert team of friendly Northwich lawyers

FREE advice

Refer A Friend

Know someone who is looking for a good injury lawyer? Get more than just a thank you for recommending us to your family or friends.

See Details

Latest News

Keep up to date with all the latest news and events from our friendly team.

Read More

Rate Stonehewermoss Solicitors

Stonehewer Moss Solicitors, Citadel House, Solvay Road, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 4DP

Solicitors in Northwich covering Chester, Crewe, Knutsford, Macclesfield, Middlewich, Northwich, Runcorn, Sandbach, Warrington, Winsford, and across Cheshire.

Stonehewer Moss Solicitors is a trading style of the Stonehewer Moss Limited, Registered in England No. 542 6583 and PIPLaw
which is a firm of solicitors authorised and regulated by the the Solicitors Regulation Authority No. 471159

Contact Us

Contact Us

To get in touch simply fill out the short form below and we will reply very shortly, and definitely within 24 hours. The online enquiry form is completely safe and secure, and your details will not be available to anyone other than Stonehewer Moss Solicitors.

Contact Form

This website uses Cookies to improve your browsing experience and to help with our marketing. You can read more about removing Cookies here.

I'm fine with this