As a leading personal injury solicitor in Cheshire we specialise in helping people who have been involved in an accident at work secure compensation for their injuries and loss of earnings.
Accident At Work – Claiming Compensation
If you’ve been injured at work and you think your employer is at fault, you may want to make a claim for compensation. Any claim must be made within three years of the date of the accident and you’ll normally need a lawyer to represent you. If you belong to a trade union, you may be able to use their legal services. Otherwise, you should speak to a specialist personal injury lawyer.
Personal Injury Claims at Work
Accidents that occur at work are today still, sadly, all too frequent events.
Industrial accidents include those associated with lifting, operating machinery, falls in the workplace, inadequate or defective safety equipment, and the negligent acts of a fellow worker.
A specialist personal injury solicitor can help you by:
- Obtaining compensation for your work injury.
- Recovering any loss of earnings that you may have incurred as a result of your work injury.
- Providing access to specialist care and rehabilitation.
What should you do next if you have an accident?:
- Make sure you record any injury in the ‘accident book’.
- If appropriate, make sure your employer has reported it to the Health and Safety Executive.
- Check your contract or written statement of employment for information about sick or accident pay.
- If there’s a dispute, try to sort it out with your employer.
- If there are health and safety problems at work, point them out to your employer or the employee safety representative.
The difference we make
As one of leading specialist personal injury solicitors in Cheshire Stonehewer Moss are a local friendly firm with specialist knowledge and experience. We can guide and support you through the process of securing the compensation that you are entitled to.
- We will deal with your employers insurers, detailing the accident circumstances and the injuries you sustained and ultimately obtain compensation for your injuries.
- Importantly we will also endeavour to recover any loss of earnings you might have sustained.
Did you know?
- By law employers have to take out Employers Liability Insurance to protect their employees in the event of an accident or injury at work.
- By claiming compensation for a workplace accident you will not only obtain your rightful compensation but also ensure that in future health and safety issues will be given proper priority and thereby help prevent future accidents and work injuries.