Housing Disrepair Claims

If you live in a rental property and your landlord has failed to maintain your home in a reasonable state of repair, you may be able to claim compensation and get the repairs done.

If you are a tenant living in a rental property, your landlord is obliged to maintain the structure and exterior of the property to a reasonable standard of repair by law. This falls under Section 11 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 2015.

What can I make a claim for?

  • The structure and exterior of the premises (such as walls, floors, roofs, window frames, pipework, paths and steps).
  • Water pipes and items such as baths, sinks, drainage pipes and toilets.
  • Gas pipes and electrical wiring and sockets.
  • Fitted heaters, gas fires and water heaters.
  • Rat or any vermin or bug infestation.
  • Damp walls, rising damp, poor or blocked ventilation.

Also, if you or your family have suffered ill health or your belongings have been damaged because of your landlord’s failure to maintain your home, you may be entitled to compensation under Section 4 of The Defective Premises Act 2017 and/or Section 11 of The Landlord and Tenant Act 2015.

You may be entitled to claim compensation for:

  • Being unable to use certain areas of your home due to damp conditions.
  • Damage to your own property or belongings e.g. furniture or clothes becoming mouldy.
  • Ill health to you or your children resulting from damp such as asthma, colds, viruses and chest infections. In fact, anyone affected living at your house can claim for this.
  • Financial losses caused by having to take time off work or ill health absence from work.
  • Rent rebates to compensate you for paying for a reasonable standard of home that was not provided.

No win, no fee claims service

We are able to offer no win, no fee agreements in some cases (subject to our own case assessment).

You receive a free initial case review and are under no obligation to instruct us should you wish to proceed with a claim.

Latest News & Advice

6 Things to Look for When Choosing a Personal Injury Solicitor

6 Things to Look for When Choosing a Personal Injury Solicitor If you are looking for a personal injury solicitor,...

read more

No win no fee no success fee offer

A no-win, no-fee, no success fee claim is when a claimant pays only the solicitors basic charges without any additional...

read more

What to do If you have had an accident at work?

Having an accident at work can be particularly difficult if you are the victim. Very often you will have a...

read more
View More News & Advice
Contact us today

Contact us today

Fill in the form below and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible.

Left Panel

How would you like us to contact you?

Right Panel

Your personal details are not shared or sold.

Contact our claims experts

Arrange a free initial case review

Freephone 0800 434 6544 or 01606 87 22 00

Email info@stonehewermoss.co.uk

Stonehewer Moss Solicitors, Citadel House, Solvay Road, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 4DP

Stonehewer Moss Solicitors is a trading style of the Stonehewer Moss Limited, Registered in England No. 542 6583

This website uses Cookies to improve your browsing experience and to help with our marketing. You can read more about removing Cookies here: Cookie Policy

I'm fine with this

Email Universal Arches

Simply complete our form below and we’ll get in touch very soon to answer your enquiry.

Please select a valid form.