Knot Weed and Infestations

No Win, No Fee Claims for Japanese Knotweed Infestation claims

Japanese Knotweed is trouble, lots of trouble. Once it takes a hold of you land it can spread quickly. If you allow Knotweed to spread from you land it can be a criminal offence so the first thing to do if you have knotweed on your land is contact a contractor that can help you get rid of it.

Once you have done so, record the problem, with lots of photographs and videos. If you think the knotweed has come to your land from the land of a third party photograph and video that too if you can. If the Knotweed is near a water course inform the environmentagency as it can spread quickly along canals and marsh.

The cost knotweed can be expensive, from getting rid of it (which can take years) to the itseffect on the value of your house and the fact that you can’t enjoy your garden any more.

How do you claim against a plant?

There are three main areas where you may be able to make a claim.

  • Firstly, from the source of the knotweed. If the infestation has been present on land close to your own before it reached your land then you can potentially claim from the owner of that land.
  • Secondly, If you bought a house and the seller did not tell you that there was knotweed present you can potentially claim your losses back from the seller.
  • Lastly, if you bought a house and your surveyor failed to pick up on the infestation they may be liable for your losses. 

If you have a knotweed problem and believe that one of the above circumstances may apply to you and you would like to see if we can help you get the compensation you deserve then give us a call or request a call back on this web site. We may be able to help you on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis.

Contact Form

Facebook Posts

ALL our customers are a priority and a point of pride, their feedback means a lot to us. It helps us to keep our standards HIGH! A HUGE THANK YOU to a client for the special praise towards our Litigation Partner - Sarah Alison. We are here to listen, we are here to fight YOUR claim for what's right for YOU! #Claim #Success #ThankYou #Awesome ... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook

Have you been made redundant recently or currently going through the process? We understand it’s a stressful time and that's why we're here to help. Get in touch for the right legal advice on 0800 1696477. #Client #Trust #Service #HereForYou ... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook

The drama at the Island Beach Party isn't over yet! A massive plot twist is delivered to one of our remaining couples - they must decide whether to stay in the villa but break up, or end their Love Island journey as a couple and head home. There are about to be four new arrivals - will they be swayed by temptation?
Who is the couple? What would you do?
... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook

Get In Touch

Contact our expert team of friendly Northwich lawyers

FREE advice

Refer A Friend

Know someone who is looking for a good injury lawyer? Get more than just a thank you for recommending us to your family or friends.

See Details

Latest News

Keep up to date with all the latest news and events from our friendly team.

Read More

Rate Stonehewermoss Solicitors

Stonehewer Moss Family Solicitors, Citadel House, Solvay Road, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 4DP

Family and Corporate Solicitors Northwich covering Chester, Crewe, Knutsford, Macclesfield, Middlewich, Northwich, Runcorn, Sandbach, Warrington, Winsford, and across Cheshire.

Stonehewer Moss Solicitors is a trading style of the Stonehewer Moss Limited, Registered in England No. 542 6583
which is a firm of solicitors authorised and regulated by the the Solicitors Regulation Authority No. 471159

Contact Us

Contact Us

To get in touch simply fill out the short form below and we will reply very shortly, and definitely within 24 hours. The online enquiry form is completely safe and secure, and your details will not be available to anyone other than Stonehewer Moss Solicitors.

Contact Form

This website uses Cookies to improve your browsing experience and to help with our marketing. You can read more about removing Cookies here.

I'm fine with this