Am I entitled to claim compensation for housing repairs?
Can I Claim For Compensation for Housing Repairs ?
If you live in rented property and your landlord has failed to keep your home in a reasonable state of repair then you may be able to claim compensation AND get the repair done.
It can be very frustrating, you have called or emailed your Landlord several times and nothing gets done.
Fortunately if your claim relates to;
- The structure and exterior of the premises (such as walls, floors, roofs, window frames, pipework, paths and steps).
- Water pipes and items such as baths, sinks, drainage pipes and toilets.
- Gas pipes and electrical wiring and sockets.
- Fitted heaters, gas fires and water heaters.
- Rat or any vermin or bug infestation.
- Damp walls, rising damp, poor or blocked ventilation
We can help you get the repairs done and get you compensation.
The main thing is that you get your home back into the state you want it to be in so that you can enjoy living in it again. However you may also be entitled to compensation. The amount of compensation depends on what losses you may have had and how long your landlord has left you with the problem without making the repairs.
You may be entitled to compensation for:
- Being unable to use certain areas of your home due to damp conditions
- Damage to your own property or belongings e.g furniture or clothes becoming mouldy.
- Ill health to you or your children resulting from damp such as Asthma, colds viruses and chest infections. In fact anyone affected living at your house can claim for this.
- Financial losses caused by having to take time off work or ill health absence from work.
- Rent rebates to compensate you for paying for a reasonable standard of home that was not provided.