Housing Problems

Whether you rent your house or you are a home owner you can suffer problems with your home for which you are not responsible and for which you might be able to claim. 

If you are a tenant living in rented house your landlord is obliged to maintain the structure and exterior of your property to a reasonable standard of repair by law Section 11 Landlord and Tenant Act 15. This includes the maintenance and supply of services as well as heating. If you or your family have suffered ill health or your belongings have been damaged because of the landlord’s failure to repair your home you will be entitled to compensation by law Section Defective Premises Act 17.

If you own your home you may suffer from problems such as damp caused by improperly fitted cavity wall insulation. It does not matter if you or a previous owner fitted the insulation.  As long as it was fitted within the last 20 years we can help you obtain compensation  and the cost of repair works from CIGA a fund set up for this purpose.

Similarly if you have had solar panels  fitted, which were mis-sold, are broken or worse still cause leaks into the roof space and damp in your home, we can help.  We can take action against the company who sold you the solar panels or, if they are out of business we can potentially claim from your credit company, whether you paid by card or loan.

Another growing problem is Japanese Knotweed. Described by the Environment Agency as “indisputably the UK’s most aggressive, destructive and invasive plant” you can claim if you had Knot Weed encroach on your property from a neighbour or bought a house and your surveyor or the previous owner did not tell you about the problem.

We are a firm of Solicitors and we are able to offer ‘no win, no fee’ agreements in all cases subject to our own assessment. We will not ask  you to pay for any ‘assessment fee’, we will let you know if we can help you, with no financial risk to yourself. Please ask for our terms and conditions.

Contact Form

Facebook Posts

Are you having issues with your housing? You don't have to stay silent if you want to claim against your Landlord who doesn't seem to care. Watch our full video below on dealing with Housing Issues. ... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook

We are in receipt of a cheque for a Premium Bonds win for a Mrs H Cousins formerly of London Road Northwich She has moved from the address. Does anyone know where she might be now ? ... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook

Get In Touch

Contact our expert team of friendly Northwich lawyers

FREE advice

Refer A Friend

Know someone who is looking for a good injury lawyer? Get more than just a thank you for recommending us to your family or friends.

See Details

Latest News

Keep up to date with all the latest news and events from our friendly team.

Read More

Rate Stonehewermoss Solicitors

Stonehewer Moss Family Solicitors, Citadel House, Solvay Road, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 4DP

Family and Corporate Solicitors Northwich covering Chester, Crewe, Knutsford, Macclesfield, Middlewich, Northwich, Runcorn, Sandbach, Warrington, Winsford, and across Cheshire.

Stonehewer Moss Solicitors is a trading style of the Stonehewer Moss Limited, Registered in England No. 542 6583
which is a firm of solicitors authorised and regulated by the the Solicitors Regulation Authority No. 471159