Injunctions and Emergencies

Dealing with an emergency when you divorce or separate.

When there is an emergency the Court makes injunction orders to prevent certain actions being taken. In family law, injunctions usually seek to prevent domestic violence, which includes financial control as well as actual threats or violence. Legal Aid is not available from us and you may wish to refer to a Legal Aid supplier before instructing us.

Stonehewer Moss family law have extensive experience of obtaining domestic violence injunctions, called non molestation orders or restriction on arrangements to live at the house, called occupation orders.

In financial disputes upon separation or divorce, the Court can make emergency orders to freeze assets or prevent their disposal. Another type of emergency order is an interim income payment if you are left without any source of funds at separation and your spouse has the ability to pay; this does not apply to co-habitants.

Stonehewer Moss family law have obtained emergency financial orders where needed and will make every effort to avoid court by letter to your ex partner where that is a sensible option. Such orders significantly increase costs and we can advise about  orders for costs the court can make, including legal services orders to fund your case if your ex spouse could afford to pay and will not negotiate outside of court.

Contact Form

Facebook Posts

Had an accident abroad and wondering where to find your solicitor? What are the benefits of using a solicitor in England and Wales instead of from the country you want to make a claim in?

It is more likely that any court hearing would be in this country rather than abroad; there is an opportunity to undergo a medical examination in this country, and there are no language barriers. Claimants may also find it distressing returning to the country where the accident happened.
... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook

2 days ago

Stonehewer Moss Solicitors

If you suffered an injury that wasn't your fault would you make a claim?

Research from YouGov shows that the likelihood of those suffering a personal injury incident to make a formal claim has declined. Would you?
... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook

Get In Touch

Contact our expert team of friendly Northwich lawyers

FREE advice

Refer A Friend

Know someone who is looking for a good injury lawyer? Get more than just a thank you for recommending us to your family or friends.

See Details

Latest News

Keep up to date with all the latest news and events from our friendly team.

Read More

Rate Stonehewermoss Solicitors

Stonehewer Moss Family Solicitors, Citadel House, Solvay Road, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 4DP

Family and Corporate Solicitors Northwich covering Chester, Crewe, Knutsford, Macclesfield, Middlewich, Northwich, Runcorn, Sandbach, Warrington, Winsford, and across Cheshire.

Stonehewer Moss Solicitors is a trading style of the Stonehewer Moss Limited, Registered in England No. 542 6583
which is a firm of solicitors authorised and regulated by the the Solicitors Regulation Authority No. 471159

Contact Us

Contact Us

To get in touch simply fill out the short form below and we will reply very shortly, and definitely within 24 hours. The online enquiry form is completely safe and secure, and your details will not be available to anyone other than Stonehewer Moss Solicitors.

Contact Form

This website uses Cookies to improve your browsing experience and to help with our marketing. You can read more about removing Cookies here.

I'm fine with this