Children & Money

Children finances

In difficult economic times for young people, the availability of financial support for children beyond the age of receipt of child support is often overlooked. A parent anguished by the failure of the other parent to help out a child through university, for example, can seek advice about financial  orders under  the Children Act. An adult child can directly instruct a solicitor when at University or college.

Stonehewer Moss family law can advise about child finance  law, will negotiate with your ex partner or parent and has the experience needed to represent you if a decision by a judge in court is needed.

profile_MichaelBrennanMichael Brennan has over 20 years experience in this area and is an advanced member of the Law Society family panel. He is accredited as a specialist by Resolution, the family lawyers organization.

The Children Act can be used for financial orders about younger children in certain circumstances, including income payments for disabled children, lump sum payments and property purchases under trust if the other parent has the ability to pay.

When separated from the other parent, child support is payable. We recommend you go to the child support calculator at the YouGov website.

Contact Form

Facebook Posts

Are you having issues with your housing? You don't have to stay silent if you want to claim against your Landlord who doesn't seem to care. Watch our full video below on dealing with Housing Issues. ... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook

We are in receipt of a cheque for a Premium Bonds win for a Mrs H Cousins formerly of London Road Northwich She has moved from the address. Does anyone know where she might be now ? ... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook

Get In Touch

Contact our expert team of friendly Northwich lawyers

FREE advice

Refer A Friend

Know someone who is looking for a good injury lawyer? Get more than just a thank you for recommending us to your family or friends.

See Details

Latest News

Keep up to date with all the latest news and events from our friendly team.

Read More

Rate Stonehewermoss Solicitors

Stonehewer Moss Family Solicitors, Citadel House, Solvay Road, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 4DP

Family and Corporate Solicitors Northwich covering Chester, Crewe, Knutsford, Macclesfield, Middlewich, Northwich, Runcorn, Sandbach, Warrington, Winsford, and across Cheshire.

Stonehewer Moss Solicitors is a trading style of the Stonehewer Moss Limited, Registered in England No. 542 6583
which is a firm of solicitors authorised and regulated by the the Solicitors Regulation Authority No. 471159