Divorce on amicable terms in cheshire
Divorce on amicable terms in Cheshire is possible and Northwich solicitors Stonehewer Moss solicitors offer the collaborative law option described on the Moneyadvice service website as follows
Using a collaborative family lawyer
Collaborative family lawyers are specially trained solicitors who can help you reach agreement through a series of meetings with your ex-partner. You and your ex-partner each have your own collaborative family lawyer.
- You all sign an agreement not to go to court.
- You agree to work together to resolve the issues between you.
- Meetings are carried out face-to-face between all four of you.
Pros and cons of collaborative family law
- Couples often feel more positive about an agreement reached through collaborative family law than a traditional lawyer-led divorce or dissolution because they have been directly involved in negotiations. Collaborative family lawyers can work with accountants or pension specialists if they are needed.
- It can be more expensive than a traditional lawyer-led divorce or dissolution (depending on how much a couple can agree between them). If couples can’t reach agreement through collaborative family law and take their dispute to court, new solicitors would have to be appointed, which would add to the costs.
- It works best if you and your ex-partner live near each other or can easily get to the round table meetings. It may be difficult to find a collaborative family lawyer if you live in a rural location.
You can find a collaborative family lawyer:
Michael Brennan is an accredited specialist family law solicitor with Resolution and can discuss the option of collaborative and fixed fees at a no obligation first appointment at Stonehewer Moss. Moneyadvice service is an impartial government funded web site and the Resolution search engine will enable both spouses to find a convenient office with the collaborative option on offer. Divorce on amicable terms in cheshire
call 01606 872200 e mail email@example.com search www.stonehewermoss.co.uk sat nav post code CW8 4DP
Tags: amicable divorce